The HKIoD Membership Accreditation Scheme
The Membership Accreditation Scheme (“MAS”) of The Hong Kong Institute of Directors (“HKIoD”) has been established as a result of collaboration of wisdom and efforts from members of HKIoD, following significant research of the Accreditation Committee and Council in 2003-2004 and a series of intense consultative activities from September 2004 through June 2005. MAS is jointly owned and, hopefully, embraced by all HKIoD members.
MAS aims to benefit:-
- Individual directors, through a peer-inspired culture of disciplines and continual learning.
- Companies and the public, through enhanced competence in fulfilling directors’ roles in corporate governance.
- HKIoD, through adding value to the community as a professional institute with self-disciplines and as a promoter and facilitator to nurture excellence in directors practices.
MAS includes compliance by members in the following:
- A Code of Conduct as stipulated and elaborated on by the document The HKIoD Code of Conduct.
- Continuing Professional Development (“CPD”) as an ongoing membership requirement,
as defined in the document Guidelines on Membership Accreditation Through CPD.