Credits Programme Sustainability Training Timetable
Hypit courses start in March 2023. All courses are both in–person and online .
|Date/Time||Subject and Speaker||Language||CPD
6:30 -8:30 pm
Climate Governance – the Why and How
6:30 – 8:30 pm
How Does “Environmental Social Governance” (ESG) Create Values for Company?
Facilitator: Mr Anthony Cheung
6:30 – 8:30 pm
Moving from Corporate Social Responsibility to Corporate shared value – case studies & Strategy
6:30 – 8:30 pm
Experience sharing on Green Loan Financing
Facilitator: Mr Randy Hung
In-house Sustainability Board Training
Sustainability Board Training Service of The Hong Kong Institute of Directors is an effective option to companies to arrange training for directors in order to satisfy the listing requirements for directors training every year.
- Each topic can be arranged from 1-3 hours as per request by client.
- Course languages can be in Cantonese, English and Putonghua.
- E-Learning is available (convenient for mainland & overseas learning).
- Professional accreditation and provide CPD Certificates.
Topic 1: ESG Reporting Guidelines and Sustainability Governance Best Practice
- ESG Reporting Guidelines: History and the latest development
- Why Sustainability could mean business risks and opportunities for your company
- Observations on Board ESG performance in HK
- ESG disclosure – Challenges, key changes and next
- Toolkits and key resources for Directors to stay informed
Topic 2: Striking the balance between ESG and Corporate Profitability
- Business Sustainability and ESG: The Global and Local Context
- Five ways that ESG creates value to your company
- The case for ESG – Longevity of corporation, longer term strategy planning, access to funding
- Worked examples on integrating ESG into business and generate profitability
- Implications and next steps
Topic 3: How Does “Environmental Social Governance” (ESG) Create Values for Company?
- Global and local trends on ESG and impact to companies and directors
- Sustainability or ESG? Let’s start with business risk
- Board Role in Climate and Sustainability governance best practice
- ESG disclosure – Challenges, key changes, and next steps
- How does the execution of ESG strategy maximize the value added to a company?
A company that has completed Training Programme will be granted
a Symbol of Credit in Director CPD and a Certificate for the Company
HKIoD CPD courses are generally qualified to obtain accreditation from professional bodies. Final decision is subject to approval from individual organisation and institute. *1 month advance notice is required for applying accreditation from The Law Society of Hong Kong.
(852) 6010 6271
The Hong Kong Institute of Directors
2104 Shanghai Industrial Investment Building, 48 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong (MTR Wan Chai Street, Exit B1 MAP)
HKIoD CPD courses are generally qualified to obtain accreditation from professional bodies. Final decision is subject to approval from individual organisation and institute. *one month advance notice is required for applying accreditation from The Law Society of Hong Kong.
The timetable presented is subject to change or postponement by HKIoD under special circumstances. If the total number of attendees enrolled is unfulfilled, a course may be postponed. In case of change of course date, HKIoD will announce on its website as well as individually contact enrolled participants. HKIoD may organize additional courses to meet dynamic need. Please watch out for updates of schedules.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Full payment must be made prior to the commencement of a training session. Registration fees are non-refundable for absentees. If cancellation is made 3 days or more before the session date, the payment can be transferred to another session of same price within 6 months. Those unable to attend may send a substitute provided that HKIoD is notified in advance and that the fee difference, if applicable, for a non-member is paid. HKIoD discount coupon can be used. (one coupon per course).
Face-to-Face classes – Attendees are required to sign and register time, on an Attendance Log, before entering the classroom and sign out before leaving. Attending a training course accumulates credits towards a Certificate, a Diploma, CPD Fulfillment for HKIoD membership and accreditation by other bodies. Attendees may requested to comply with identification procedures at check-in time, whereby an identification document, eg HKID card and any other for of identification with a portrait.
Online training – Please change to your “personal log-in name” to identify yourself for obtaining attendance certificate after event.
Certificates of Attendance will be email to attendees after the course, for those who have attended 75% of the session.
Typhoon and Rainstorm Arrangements
A seminar will be automatically postponed if within two hours before commencement time a typhoon signal number 8 or above or a rainstorm black signal is hoisted by the Hong Kong Observatory. If a typhoon signal number 8 or above or a rainstorm black signal is hoisted after the commencement of a training session, the session shall be continued until the end.
Declaration of Personal Data (Privacy) Policy
The Hong Kong Institute of Directors has adopted a Personal Data (Privacy) Policy, full details of which are downloadable from http://www.hkiod.com/statement.html