Training designed by directors for directors
In-house Board Training
HKIoD’s Board Training Service is an effective option for listed companies to arrange training to directors in order to satisfy the listing requirements for directors training every year.
Each Certificate Programme is a composite of modules that can in turn qualify for multiple credits in the Credits Programme leading to a Diploma or Professional Diploma.
Completion of 24 Hours (24 CPD) training sessions under HKIoD Credits Programme.
Core Competencies For Directors
Aims of setting up Core Competencies are as follows:-
- To identify skills, knowledge and qualities required of drectors, reflecting on today’s demands.
- To form a basis for developing:-
- Continuing Professional Development Pogrammes for directors.
- Further updates in light of changing demands.
- Standards for accreditation of members, attaining professional certification and a Registered Professional Director status in future.
The Continuing Professional Development (“CPD”) programmes organised by HKIoD for directors include seminars leading to a HKIoD Diploma, speaker meetings, professional talks, themed workshops, special review groups, conferences and forums, position papers on corporate governance issues, publications of guidelines and standards on best practices, etc
Five groups of skills, knowledge and qualities have been identified as being necessary for anyone serving or aspiring to serve as an effective Director., viz